Friday 13 January 2012

Entry Wounds Number 2

As sagacious as I was on the first post, with blasphemous rants trickling slowly from my slashed wrists, this blog of mine is meant to be created for academic purposes.

I am running two blogs simultaneously, this and the other which is solely dedicated to file sharing purposes where people can download music in popular audio containers such as .mp3 and .flac. My interest in electronic media has led me to do independent research (sort of; free of charge and funded by none. Ha!) about how each format works and how far can a single song be compressed without sacrificing the playback quality. For those who are yet to understand the reasons behind my motivation, you can go on to read about audiophile. If you want to learn how to rip your favorite CDs securely and accurately into lossless audio format, I strongly suggest you visit this blog. There is a couple of things you need to do before getting a headstart, all of which has been explained on the blog itself.

Enough with the pot hobby! Now let's get down to business. So far the greatest challenge comes in a form of phonetics and phonology. Every time. I mean every time. Allophones, phoneme and IPA symbols are some elements that made up the entire fun. To master at this particular field, constant practice is required. Being a fourth year undergrad with noticeable aversion towards phonetics, I might as well take this challenge head on. It's a shame if I graduate out of UBD with insignificant achievement under my belt; a fact that even the filthiest of students dread of. Now, several new assignments have arrived onto our desk. I take no chances. Like life itself; one can only prolong it but death is certainly inevitable.

Will it then be worth it to live in inescapable agony? I leave you all with this (in memory of Jon Andreas Nödtveidt June 28 1975 - August 13 2006. May thy soul rest in Chaos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment